DIY Pottery Barn Lampshade


Awhile back, one of my Etsy customers had contacted me and requested that I do a custom lamp shade order for her out of silk flowers. I ended up closing my Etsy shop a few months ago, & since I have had many people ask me how I made this shade. So here is a quick tutorial on how to get the look for less!


My original inspiration came from PB Kids.

Knowing that my client wanted a "fuller" looking lampshade full of flowers,
I went shopping for silk flowers in her color scheme that she requested 
& this is what I came up with! 


I used a mixture of silk flowers from Michael's:  hydrengias, roses, peoneys 
& a plain lamp shade from Target's RE collection

I used wire cutters to cut the stems from the flowers & just started gluing and placing the flowers at random as I went along until I got the look I wanted. Make sure to use A LOT of hot glue!


This is a simple and easy project that anyone can do, but just a tip: silk flowers can get VERY expensive! The flowers for this project alone were just under $55 and some I even got on sale & used a coupon! $55 is a huge savings compared to the $99 original shade from PotteryBarn, but my suggestion is if you plan to re-create this shade, is to gather the flowers over a period of a few weeks, use coupons and check your local craft store sales or try searching for silk flowers online to try and save even more money :)



LINKING UP WITH:

Mod Vintage Life
Simply Ciani © . Design by The Creative Rise.